Saturday 8 September 2012

Clinging on to summer...

This week has been all about first days of school terms. Teacher friends of mine going back. Friends of mine with kids going back. Most predominantly friends with kids starting school altogether. My niece and nephews going back.

Ironic because for the first time in a good few years the new start of a new academic year does not apply to me in any way shape or form this year. Nevertheless the fact that it's happening and I've had countless conversations about it has kind of put my head in this space that summer is over. I bought more winter vegetables this week. I put on more layers, not thick layers, just layers. So imagine my delight when today ended being just the most BEAUTIFUL summers day!

Hot, sunny, blue skies with just the whispiest whisp of cloud and what's even more satisfying is that it's in SEPTEMBER! We shouldn't be having such nice days in September. So we have all the gloriousness of a British summers day with that satisfying smugness that it was a BONUS summers day. An extra. We clawed back the summer and delayed the onset of Autumn for just one more day... Excellent. So here's what we did...





















No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...