Tuesday 7 May 2013

MY Right...

From some angles we're all the same.

We all love our children. We all want to do our best for them. We all want what we see as the best of the world for them... and for ourselves. We're all scared that isn't or will not happen. There's a little bit of us all who listens to those around us and silently we run a comparison commentary. We all aspire and we are all humbled to some degree by failure.

It's easy to focus on the differences between each other. It's easy to let these differences make us appear to be so set apart we're not even the same species anymore.

I had my first real dose of blog backlash last week. Some people read the my pregnancy announcement (A Letter to My Daughter... Because I Want to Give Her a Sibling) and took it as a slate on raising only children... It wasn't. But this is what is right for my family. No other version of right for anyone else's family will ever make this version less right for mine.
When I first had a baby accepting my right from other people's right was difficult. Be that because at times I wanted everyone to do what I was doing or because at times I wanted to do what everyone else was doing. I imagined either would validate me and my choices. There's something really secondary school about it. Safety in numbers. Following the crowd.
Not now. Not this time. Another bonus to second time around. All I need is my right to be right.
First walking trip to the beach...
 First feel of sand...
Loved it...
YEY! MESS!
Highjacked sandcastle...
Could it get anymore British??

2 comments:

  1. Excellent pieces. Keep posting such kind of info
    on your page. Im really impressed by your blog.

    Hey there, You have done an excellent job. I'll definitely digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.

    my web-site - SEO Miami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. I think it's hard when you become a parent and realise other people's values and opinions on raising children are completely different to yours. I have come across some interesting opinions in my time on how I should be raising MY children. X

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...