Tuesday 4 June 2013

Mummy-Tinted-Glasses

I've found so much about having my daughter is about getting back to basics.

Foremost I rediscovered the importance of family. I newly appreciated the roles of my parents.

Then there were occasions and celebrations, suddenly I wanted them special again. Christmas could be so much more than a day to drag yourself through with a hangover! Who knew?

I want to make. I want to make keepsakes. I want to take photos. I want to preserve and record and appreciate. 
I want to turn normal stuff in to special stuff. Euna and I have our own little breakfast ritual in the mornings, we do it every morning and I know I'm making a forever memory. 

And the weather. The seasons. Suddenly I'm really aware of them because part of me is seeing them for the first time through her... I think "Oh snow ok." Then I think "Euna's FIRST SNOW!" And it's new again. 

Only in some ways it's better because this time because I have an adult head on my shoulders. Unlike Euna, I'm not seeing my first snow then getting distracted by the bow on my shoes I haven't noticed in fifteen minutes. I can look at it for minutes and absorb it. I know the facts about snow and I know the magic that every single flake I can see is different. 

Enough with the snow... It's GLORIOUS! 
My point... Kids are cool at simplifying everything. Sometimes that's not the best thing. Like when I have to read "Stick Man" to Euna four times in a row and the mundanity of it makes me want to beat myself around the head with it. Other times that's great. Like today when we got a baking tray of water, some plastic pots and a couple of Happyland dudes in the garden and had a great time. She didn't care I'm feeling a bit fat, we didn't have to think about how we've overspent sorting the new house out and a world of other bigger and smaller brain-space-tenants were miles away. 
Just some sun and some water and all's good and new through these Mummy-tinted-glasses. 
Not a fan of the sogginess...
Ni Hao Yall

5 comments:

  1. Love this.

    Mummy tinted glasses is such a great expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha ... you are so right about Christmas. Once you have a baby it becomes more than dealing with your crazy family and nursing a hangover!
    You look beautiful!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts, often I find that you are feeling the same things I am with Violet. :)

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...