Thursday 3 October 2013

Quick Nursery Canvas Crafting!

Seeing as Euna and I had had our joint crafting effort for baby's walls, I thought I'd fly solo on another wall with this old canvas I had lying around. This canvas was formally used as a part of Euna's button themed crafts from her blessing, she has no room for it on her walls so it was prime for recycling. 

Euna took a backseat to this little crafting session whilst she enjoyed snack time and no supplies were bought as it was all with left over fabric from other nursery crafts, string from when I made Euna's mobile and the abandoned canvas... All I needed as some good old PVA from the crafting box! Super simple and quick here we go...


Roughly cut fabric about 3 inches larger than the canvas, squirted glue around back rim of the canvas and left to get tacky for 10 minutes...


Folded it over with an extra blob of PVA on the corners and made creases like these...


Covered canvas!


"What the...?"



String. Squirted a thick line of PVA along the canvas, doesn't matter if there's too much, the magic of PVA is (in chorus) it dries clear!!


Laid the string along the glue...


Cut fabric triangles out of fabric scraps (you could iron the edges over to make them neat or allow them to fray for a shabby look or) use pinking shears to get a zig-zag edge. Dot small spots of glue on the triangles and lay in position below the string...

Repeat!



I did the second line with smaller triangles...



Stand back smugly! Easy!


Have a look on my "New Nursery" board on Pinterest to see what's bee inspiring my nursery! So excited to show you the whole thing!

Also if you haven't already... Go enter my GIVEAWAY for a £20 voucher for The Essential One, to spend on baby and maternity clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...