Friday 7 March 2014

SHE'S TWO!

This blog started out so I could record it all. I started it when I realised having babies would always go too fast for me to ever remember it all and I needed a means to get the best bits of it down. Maybe we'll look at it together one day, maybe just the act of doing it will cement it in a little better. Either way this blog is built especially for recording these milestones, milestones like second birthdays...

So... Two. Years. I see being one was all about turning baby to child. She became such a person this year. Words, steps, skills, lessons learnt. She went and got her teeth, a head of hair and first shoes. How carefully and delicately she learnt to walk. How her feet are only just big enough for real shoes. How she has favourite books and has had them read to her so much she can "read" them to herself. I think my favourite has been the talking, especially all the words she's personalised and entered in to her own little dictionary of Euna-isms. "Gagas" are bananas. "Ralph" was toast for a while. Steve's personal favourite are "durkadurkadies" for butterflies. Mine would be her impression of a cat "wowaaaawowaaawowaaaa".

Now two with more firsts to come. Starting Tuesday her first stay at preschool. I'm not cool about it either. Whilst I am on board with it being 100% right and healthy that she starts to take small steps in to the independent world every fibre of me wants to bundle her up and sweep her off home and never ever let her go. Because it's scary and I've never practiced trusting anyone but Steve and my mum with her. 

Regardless of how I feel, to preschool she will go. Onwards and outwards to the first of many places where I can't be. It feels like we spent two years nesting down at home. Being safe, feeling cosy, feeding up, getting strong. Now it all starts. She'll reach out and I'll have to let go. 

Here's to you Euna. How brilliant you are and how lucky the world is to have such a wonderful new person ready to bust out in to it. We are so incredibly proud of everything you do and are and everything you are to do and be. You couldn't of convinced me I'd be able to love you anymore than I did the day you were born, but I do, everyday. Happy 2nd Birthday Darling <3 xxx

My favourites from your past year... Her first birthday...

Her first steps...

 Her first shoes...

The first time we took a walk together...

I just loved this one...





















































2 comments:

  1. Another wonderful year. Happy birthday, Tuna! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I especially like the Euan in bag shot. I didn't sent my son to preschool until he was 4:5 so I think you are very brave! he was five last week and I still can't believe he wasn't born just last week......

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...